What We Do
- To be the desired international institution for training and development of anaesthesiologists for anaesthesia practice of the highest level in the region.
- To develop a uniform training program for anaesthesia, critical care and pain medicine across the region and maintain the highest standards of practice for the safety of the patients through training (education programs), Service (Quality Patient Care), Examinations and Research.
We create a system that would allow the teaching and evaluation of professionalism in the specific context of anaesthesiology thus inculcating requisite expertise, honesty, respectfulness, patience, humility, tolerance, compassion and ethical conduct.
Good leadership is a fundamental aspect of CANECSA that brings about integrity, diligence and management: leading and managing continuous change; achieving success with service development.
We endeavour by all means to strategically identify and partner with value adding stakeholders, various institutions, authorities and NGOs, in order to increase capacity to deliver.
In order to create awareness, a common understanding of our value propositions and meeting stakeholder expectations, we will continuously engage patients, colleagues and trainees .
We will undertake advocacy initiatives that are geared towards representing patient needs.
CANECSA will continue to uplift standards of education and the subsequent professional practice through scholarship.
The objectives for which CANECSA is established include:
- To promote an understanding and knowledge of Anaestthesia and Critical Care Medicine in the undergraduate medical curriculum of member states.
- To promote, organize and conduct postgraduate education and training in anaesthetic care to promote the highest level of skills, attitudes and efficiency in their practice.
- To educate, promote and assist in the development of research in anaesthesia and related topics and audit of clinical practice.
- To promote integrity among members of the College and to cultivate and maintain the highest ethical standards and professional conduct.
- To arrange and conduct examinations of candidates for admission to the College of Anaesthesiologists and/or such other examinations in the various branches of anaesthesia care and sciences as may from time to time be deemed appropriate.
- To advance the science and art of anaesthesia and to promote friendship and exchange of ideas amongst anesthesiologists and other anaesthesia care providers of East, Central and Southern Africa.
- To promote cooperation with and help establish professional bodies with similar aims and objectives.
- To promote the development of the existing specialties into faculties and assist in the development of other anaesthesia subspecialties within the field of anaesthesia.